Tuesday, August 18, 2009

I Sleep With Crazies!

One of my very favorite traditions is sleeping on the streeets of Salt Lake on the 23rd for the big parade on Pioneer Day! So, after the Kenny concert we had to head to our traditional spot for some quality entertainment. I have done it for the last four years and I hope to do it for many more! Like it is probably a pretty risky place to bring your kids but I will most likely still do it and just try to shield their eyes. We always meet our fair share of crazies and this year was no exception. We don't even usually stay for the whole parade because we are so tired from all the fun we have during the night. This year the lucky people to join the fun were me, Hollie, Brit, BreeAnn, Jill, Lyns, and Kenz.

The random kid in this pic is Jesse. We know everything there is to know about Jesse now and he is quite and interesting guy. He is kenzie's friend that decided to hang out with us for the night and he just really latched onto Brit and they were definitely boyfriend and girlfriend for the night I would say. He is one of the crazies I speak of. We were best friends during the night and then all of a sudden he HATED us in the morning! But then liked us again before we left. I wonder waht it'll be next time we meet Jesse...

Let me tell you a few fun facts about this guy: 1. His name is Kevin. 2. He is a U.S. Marshall. 3. He has been all over the world, the most impressive of all, Jackson Hole. 4. He owns Jackson Hole. 5. He saved Elizabeth Smart, who actually looks exactly like Hollie Marshall. 6. His sole purpose in coming to the parade was to protect us from the cowboy hat guy in the backround. 7. The parade experience would not have been half as fun without him there.
My favorite part of the actual parade is when the prophet or member of the first presidency drives by. This year it was President Eyring. I didn't get a very good picture, unfortunately. But he was so cute!
Darin was so impressed with how good we looked after our night on the streets, he wanted to take a picture.

I love the parade and I can't wait to see who we meet next year!

6 comments:

Hollie said...

Ha ha ha ha! Not only am I Elizabeth Smart, but I am FAT Elizabeth Smart! EEK!!! I really liked him up until that point! Ha ha ha ha! Apprently the nine year old missing Elizabeth really went down hill after that 9 months of being kidnapped! Hmm... I wonder why? Could it have been because she was kidnapped or because Kevin found her! Either way...

toonefam said...

You crazy girls!! I live it. You have the funnest traditions and do the coolest stuff. I am envious in my old age of the wacky times you have. Way to go!! Live out loud!! You are so fun to follow on the blog. :)

Britney said...

Ha ha ha ha. I am so behind on blogging that I decided to skip the parade night and now i'm really mad that I did! That was such a great night! Ugh Jesse but I loved kevin aka the elizabeth smart finder! Ha ha. I forgot how much I loved that night! Thanks for reminding me girl!

aubs and ems said...

wow! I'm laughing so hard right now! He owns Jackson Hole??? Thats incredible. and that guy with the cowboy hat does look like a complete weirdo!! funny post sister!

Tyler and Camie said...

You girls always have so much fun!! Did that guy really do all those things? Cute pics!!

HD said...

While I am jealous that I missed out on Kevin, I will console myself in the fact that I was at least there for the year with the pillow man and his crazy children who delivered beatings to us without warning! Oh the memories...