Friday, July 16, 2010

Happy Birthday America!

I am very fond of the 4th of July. It has always been one of my favorite holidays because it seems to just describe what summer is all about...warm beautiful weather, fun times with family and friends, and traditions that never get old! This year was a little different because both of my parents had to work and because West Point cancelled their annual survivor event due to "budget cuts". I still had a way fun day though! And I personally loved that Utah celebrated on the 3rd because it made for an extra long party weekend!

The day started off with the West Point 5k

I wasn't sure that I would be able to run that early in the morning. We were all pretty tired before the run!

I actually found it a very pleasant time to run. The temperature was perfect! We were pretty excited we both got drawn from the raffle. I won some running socks, a water bottle, and a protein bar. Hollie won a huge can of beef jerky that I was really jealous of, a bag, and some shoe laces.

I told Karen I was going to beat her next year but her time this year was 24 something so I highly doubt that will happen. But you bet your britches, I'll try!
Bless you, Lexi!
After the 5k, we headed to the Marshall residence to watch the AMAZING West Point parade



Hollie's grandma wore her snuggie like this the entire parade even though it was burning hot by the time it was over and I just thought that was adorable.
After the parade we spent the day at Roy Aquatic Center



It was very fun even though I got burned despite my efforts to stay sun screened up!
After the pool we went to the Smith residence for a delicious BBQ

Wel all brought something...I brought a salad, Brit brought the turkey steaks, Steph brought corn on the cob, Hollie brought homemade mashed potatoes from KFC, and BreeAnn brought dessert.

Thanks Darin for grilling the turkey steaks! They were so yummy!
After the BBQ, we went to West Point's fireworks but I fetching forgot my camera which I was not too happy about. They were just delightful though! And after the fireworks we went back to the Smiths for BreeAnn's dessert of brownies and ice cream.
Thanks guys for a very fun filled 4th/3rd of July!

No comments: