Thursday, July 15, 2010

Happy 50th Birthday Dad!

I am not going to lie, 50 seems so old! But I think my dad makes it look pretty good. A few months ago Aubrie and I decided it would be fun to throw my dad a surprise birthday party for the big 5-0. I could never be a party planner I decided. The whole thing really stressed me out for some reason! I am glad we did it though and I think it was a success! We had it at the East Park on June 25th. When we were setting up the wind was blowing really bad and I was really thinking that nothing was going to work out because nothing would stay on the tables. Ugh! Talk about frustrating! Thankfully the wind died down and the table cloths finally stayed. The surprise was supposed to be at 6 and guests were supposed to arrive at 5:30...good thing everyone runs on Gunter time because Aubrie and I did not get there to set up until about 5:20! The surprise ended up being at like 6:30 and all was well. One thing is? I have no idea why I just chose to bore you all with those stupid lame details. It's late, ok? I am really grateful toward everyone that came, especially those that traveled all the way from Pocatello. I do not have all of the pictures from the partty because Karen was nice enough to take a bunch for us on her nicey nice camera.

I guess this is as surprised as he gets. His actual birthday was on the 14th so he just kept saying, "My birthday was 2 weeks ago." Like we were crazy for doing it a little after so he would really be surprised!

The birthday boy and his beautiful wife.
The Barkers and big brother Bryson.

My grandma and grandpa Boyd. They look jolly.

My mom and her bestie Carol.

Cousin Jodie and Grandpa Boyd.

Aunt Doris, cousin Jonie, Aunt Sydney, Grandma Gunter.

Grandpa Gunter and cousin Jace.

Bryson, Grandma and Grandpa Boyd, Uncle Bob and Aunt Donna.

Cute Skidmores.

Kendal and Barb Chapman.

And creepy weird posing family.
I love my dad very much and don't know what I would do without him. He is so willing to help us kids out in whatever way he can. He is a great example to us! I hope he had a good 50th birthday cause he deserved it! I love you Dad!

No comments: