Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Sad.

Well since this saga has finally had some sort of a conclusion, I thought I better share my thoughts about it. Last night was a pretty rough night for me. I knew I was not going to be able to watch the HUGE announcement live because I do not have access to any television channels here at my home in Logan. This in itslef is a huge struggle for me because, like what am I supposed to do with my life? But it has been expecially hard with all of this Jon and Kate drama going on because I have to wait until the next day at work to see the latest on my favorite t.v. family! So anyway, I was hoping to not find anything out until work today but when my internet pulled up the first thing on MSN was: Jon and Kate announce divorce. I instantly exited out of it and tried to pretend it was a dream but I couldn't stop the tears. I can't really explain why my heart goes out to this family so much! I just feel like I know them and they are a real family. They are not characters, this is really happening to them and my heart just breaks for those cute kids. I decided to just call my mom, who was currently watching the show, to confirm what I had just found out. She told me they did in fact announce their divorce, and I once again broke into sobs. It is just so tragic! And then I did the stupidest thing imaginable and put in season one of their show and just cried and cried watching them in happier times. Anyways, I really have no point in this other than to just get it off my chest because it has been on my mind all day. I watched the episode this morning and it just made me so sad. They both just kept saying that their main focus is still their children, but I kind of find that hard to believe. I think they have both just changed so much. I tend to blame Jon more and he sounded especially selfish during the episode. I hated when he said he was excited to start this new chapter in his life! Like, you can't just choose not to be a dad anymore! And those gay earrings make you look like a mega geek wad! And while I know that Kate loves her children very much I think she is a little caught up in the fame and money the show has brought her. She is so eager to keep the show going when she should really be focused on taking some time out of the spotlight to better their family. I was really glad the TLC announced a temporary hold on their show until August. I think that will be good for them! So these are my thoughts. I hope they really will try to do what is best for their kids in this difficult time!

7 comments:

toonefam said...

Can I just say I have been waitting, like a dork, all day for this post. I was sooooo sad also last night. You sum'ed up my feelings exactly. Jon take out the earrings, reatrd, and your new chapter started when you gave birth to 8 kids!! Really your excitted that your fame has made people want to like you? Kate enough with the money, really make the kids #1 and you will remain the better person. I did feel she still wanted to work on the marrage, but Jon was done. So SAD!! Thanks for the post. I'll send Klenexes!!!

Candis said...

It always seems TV families break up. My advice to anyone that wants to stay together is to not get a TV show:(

Britney said...

I am also so sad. I really believed in them and believed that they could make it through. They were a good example of a loving family for so many years. It breaks my heart. The poor kids.

Smith family said...

Alyssa,
How sad that we get so caught up in someone else's lives and then live through their sadness with them. We have had a lot of great conversations about them though. I love what you wrote because it is exactly what I have been feeling also. It has left a lump in my throat and a sickness in my stomach! I love you and miss seeing you every day!
Love, Dena

Hollie said...

Oh this post brought back all the tears that I shed! I am just glad that you didn't take your life to another extreme! You know what I am talking about. Anyways, you said exactly my same thoughts. Love ya girl!

Jodie said...

I am so glad im not crazy and someone else feels my pain! I was so suprised to find out how emotionally involved I feel in all of this! its so sad!!! my thoughts exactly! jon is startng to really bug me with his mono tone voice and showing no emotion ever!

Kelly & Jamie said...

Im with ya girl...i can not even bear it to watch old episodes it makes me bawl! Probably the saddest breakup ever...and i cant help it i still love the entire family, its the reality tv curse!!