Saturday, June 7, 2008

Leaving the kiddies....sad.

Friday, May 30th was my last day with the beautiful Pond children. I was pretty much dreading this day because I have grown quite attached to these kids in the short time I was able to work for them. I knew I would be emotional...but it was pretty bad. Every time I even looked at cute little Keaty sitting in the big blue chair with his tiny leg propped up, I would start bawling. I think both him and Cooper were very confused. Keaton kept asking if I was hurt and if I needed him to kiss my ouchy. Berkley still had to attend her last day of school so I was sad that I didn't get to spend much time with her on my last day. But one thing you need to know about her...SHE IS CRAZY! I grew to love her in spite of her ordering me to do very odd requests all the time. Like seriously B, I think there is enough salt on your hard boiled egg! Anyway, Melanie took a half day off of work so she got home around one. Boo! I didn't even get a whole day with them. She was kind enough to take a picture of us, and then it was time for me to leave. And also time for me to cry. I'm pretty dramatic though. Like I had to drive around the corner and sit in a church parking lot and bawl my eyes out for a good five minutes. But I am really going to miss them!

Berkley was still very excited for her last day of school. Even though I know that in her heart she was deeply grieving over the loss of a perfect nanny!
Cooper left to a friend's house and I didn't know if he would be back by the time I left, so I had a perfect stranger(his friend's mom) take our picture. She probably thought I was psycho cause I of course started crying when they were walking out the door. Coop has a hard time looking at the camera. Actually they all do.
Apparently I am asian now. I think my eyes are just swollen shut from all the crying? I'm not really sure, There was a better picture where Keaton was actually looking at the camera and smiling, but it doesn't look like I have eyes in it so I chose not to post it.
One thing I will really miss about this job, is the cute little chinese family that lives across the street. This is Taylor and I LOVED when she would come over and attempt to teach me chinese.

I just wanted to post this picture of Keaton because I think it is absolutely adorable. He would get very serious about sports as you can see by his intense concentration. I will probably miss him the most. Not that I don't love Berkley and Coop! I just spent a lot more time with Keaton.

No comments: