Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Montana Memorial Madness!!!

Gee golly! Memorial Day weekend was filled with so much fun, I don't even know where to begin! Holly's sister lives in White Hall, Montana so we decided to go up there for some great outdoor fun. For those of you that think there is nothing to do in the great state of Montana, you are very very wrong...and you should be ashamed of yourselves. Her sister lives on a big chunk of land and owns four wheelers, and dirt bikes, and horses, and ponds, and everything you can imagine! I have rode four wheelers before but this was my first experience with the dirt bikes. Eek! I think it was my first ride when I fell over into the creek. It pretty much scared the crap out of me. And instead of feeling sympathy for me when she saw me laying in the water with the bike turned over on me, Holly laughed! Oh well. I was pretty brave and just jumped back on and kept riding! For some odd reason I didn't know that you have to let off on the gas a little to shift, so also on my first and maybe even second ride, I would think I was in like third gear and be going way too fast for first! I knew the sounds the dirt bike was making could not be right. Whoops! There was this one semi-steep hill that Holly kept zooming up the entire trip. I kept to the flattest part of the trail I could find, so I would just watch her do this and wish that I was brave enough to attempt going up it. Every time we would pass it, I would speed toward it and turn in fear at the last second. But on our very last ride right before we left, I started speeding toward it, and what do ya know....I didn't turn! I did it three times even. But the retarded thing is, that that was probably the only time of the entire trip that I didn't have my camera around my neck. So, I didn't even get to document my accomplishment! I'm pretty bitter about this because I am kind of a wimp when it comes to stuff like this, and I just feel like that was the most courageous thing EVER! But I know in my heart that I did it so that's all that matters. On the last day we saddled up their horses and went for a ride in their little arena. This is probably the part of the trip that I was looking forward to most. But as it got closer and closer, I was actually kind of hoping we would decide to skip riding horses this trip. I mean they are beautiful animals, but once again, I was really scared to put my life in the hands of an enormous animal. But I conquered my fear and even had Pretty Boy at a slow trot....although it felt like a racing gallop to me! I feel like i'm ready to be an outstanding barrel racer at the next local rodeo. We also went on a short hike up in this really pretty canyon type place. Our goal was to spot some mountain goats cause I guess they are up there a lot or something. Unfortunately the only evidence of a goat, was some hair we found on the trail. But it was still really fun to be up in the mountains! That sounds a little odd coming from me cause i'm not much of a hiker and things of that nature. Mostly anything physically difficult puts me off my rocker a bit. Oh and there was this cave type thing that we really enjoyed posing by. That's cool. After the hike we took pictures in this really cool old barn at Holly's aunt's house. It really reminded me of the barn on split infinity. If you haven't seen that movie, you should because it's a really cheesy feature film for family movie that just lifts the spirits! The main girl in the show falls in the barn and goes back in time to learn some valuable life lessons, and you know what is strange?....Holly's dad fell down the stairs in this barn! I can laugh about it now because he is not hurt or anything.The only downfall of the trip was that it was pretty cold and rainy the entire time so we couldn't swim in her mini lake she has in her yard. (Like seriosly, that thing is HUGE!) Boo! Anyway, the rest of the weekend was filled with other fabulous activities like baby bunnies, puppies, clue(Which I won in our second round!), yummy food, etc!



Unfortunately there was a rain drop on the lense when this photo was taken. It was also unfortunate that we obviously fell to our deaths.
Looks like winter's sleep was not ready to be interrupted!
Puppies!!!!
Ok so it looks like I am wearing a dead serious boy scout uniform but that is not the case just fyi. I'm feeling pure terror at this point.

See the evidence from my fall? I'm pretty intense huh?
I guess we did see some wildlife!

Oh. My. Precious.







2 comments:

Hollie said...

OH MY Ameilia Jean!!!!! The only thing that I would've liked to have heard was that you opened up your own amusment park and had this really cool ride that came out of that window of that barn. Great post girl. That barn is seriously the actual barn A.J fell out of. I really do believe that. Love ya~!!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahah this was so funny to read! and the pictures were HIlarious!! I'm at work at it really spiced things up to read about Montana. Although, I really could've used a baby bunny to lift my spirits. Oh well! Next time perhaps.