Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mixed Emotions on the AI Homefront...

So, I am a huge American Idol fan, and I was especially invested this season for a number of reasons. One of them being the little David Archuleta from Murray, Utah. I think he has an incredible voice and I was definitely rooting for him all season. But I also love the other finalist, David Cook. Well I really love his voice that is. I went back and forth on his personality all season because I couldn't tell if he was really cocky or not. Plus a lot of people are saying he has a hair piece and that is just plain creepy for a 25 year old. Anyway, I thought I really wanted Archuleta to take the American Idol title, but now I am not so sure. I just don't know if he is ready for something that huge. I mean, he already really struggles with Ryan's simple questions. It's kind of awkward actually. He'll just stand there and stutter on a question like, "How did you prepare for this week?" I just want to yell through the screen, "The answer is PRACTICE, buddy!" So, I think what I am trying to say is that Archuleta has the voice, but I don't think he has the interview skills. Plus I still think he will be hugely successful so he has nothing really to cry about. So, congratulations David Cook! My advice to you is to try and not come off so arrogant because Simon says you are actually a really nice guy, so show it a little more. I really enjoyed pretty much everyone this season! Except for Amanda rocker chick. She has a pretty cute personality, but her voice is like nails on a chalkboard to me. Those are my thoughts until next season!



He really is quite adorable! Archuleta I mean. Well and the dog is too!

One thing I couldn't stand is that they would always comment about how original David Cook is, but he has said before that he finds his arrangements on itunes! Annoying. But he is talented.
Brooke was another one of my favorites this season. Even though she messed up pretty bad sometimes, I loved her voice when she would have a good performance.

1 comment:

Jaclyn said...

i tagged you, you little hussy!