Saturday, October 3, 2009

Labor Day Camping!

Over Labor Day weekend Britney, BreeAnn, Lynsie, Hollie and I decided we would be adventurous outdoor girls and go camping! People told us that we couldn't consider it real camping since we were at Crystal Hot Springs, but I consider pretty much anything outside of the comfort of my own home real camping. I mean, we had to build our own fire, set up a tent(which BreeAnn and Hollie actually already had done when we got there. Thanks guys!) , and WALK to the bathroom facilities. Totally camping. We were a little nervous that Crystal was going to be pretty ghetto, but it was way fun! When I say it was way fun, I am blocking the memories of everyone torturing me with talk of scary stories and creepy movies. I will admit that my reaction to such talk can egg on certain people's need to keep the torture going, but it in no way makes sending really creepy text messages from anonymous numbers ok. So, besides being scared out of my mind, the trip was great and I think we are going to make it a tradition!


On Friday night we got there later than we planned so we decided to drive into Brigham City for an experience at the local sit down Pizza Hut. Yum!

On Sunday we decided to just relax and be lazy all day...well until Lynsie would not hear of such nonsense. I mean who just relaxes when their camping? Crazy, I know. So, she gaves us a few options and we chose to play a 2 hour game of ipod idol. It even included a round of dancing and singing. I think the woman trying to take a nap next to us was probably not thrilled.


Lynsie managed to show me once again how disgusting she can be with this little concoction. She would cover gummy worms in easy cheese! Isn't that nasty? Yes, it is. She tried to sneak one in between two club crackers for me to eat. Luckily, I didn't fall for her trickery.

After ipod idol Lynsie did let us have a little rest time that was very much appreciated and enjoyed!

Sunday night we decided to burn the rest of our fire wood since it would be our last night camping. My friends introduced me to a delicious treat...DOUGH BOYS! Britney insists that I have had one at girl's camp before but I know I would remember such scrumptiousness. I was seriously in love with these things. You just take biscuits and roll them out and then wrap them around a wooden dowel. Then you hold them over the fire until they are a beautiful golden brown and top them with whatever you want! We had this raspberry honey butter up there that was the perfect topping. So AMAZING. Everywhere go we manage to run into the most interestingly weird people! This definitely held true for our little camping trip. At some point during our fire, Lynsie and I decided to start some sort of chant. It was really fun! But when two people came strolling down the walk, we thought they were going to get mad at us for being so loud because the entire campground had pretty much been dead silent for the last two hours. Instead, they asked us to perform the chant for them so we all gladly did! Then they took us to meet some of their friends that were having a bonfire in the field. We became quite attached to our little friends and spent some time having Pete play us some songs on his guitar. They even hung out with us the next day at the pool! They were a teeny bit crazy, but so funny! This is us with Pete and Eno.

The funny thing about Eno is that we had seen him earlier in the day and were dying to meet him because we were convinced that he was Embry from Jacob's pack? I mean he is screaming werewolf! He let me touch his hair. And I also forced him to howl at the moon.

I think he is performing the song he wrote for us right here. It was very tender.


On Monday we just swam at the pool and then went home. Thanks for such a fun trip guys!

4 comments:

Hollie said...

Yeah it sure was a freakin great trip! Lots of fun!

Britney said...

So I'm reading your blog in class and literally started laughing out loud. That trip was some great times. And really holly is a random anonymous person? Ha ha. I could not have loved our camping trip anymore! But looking back I'm confused about one thing... Why in the world did we let Lynsie tell us when we could nap?! Ha. Jk we had some good times because of her forcing us to get up.

Candis said...

I remember going to youth conference at Crystal Springs. Good times. Ya if you're looking for something to read Leven Thumps is pretty good.

BreeAnn said...

Oh my gosh loved the recap of the awesome camping trip!! I forgot about making Eno howl at the moon oh my gosh good times!!!