Thursday, October 1, 2009

It's Like Pone!

A few weeks ago my mom's sister and her kids came to visit from Arizona and Nebraska. We always have so much fun when we get together! I wish we could see each other more often. While they were here we had a BBQ, went to Lagoon, and to a family reunion. We would go to Nebraska like once a year or something growing up and I always looked so forward to it. And I would bawl when it was time to leave and beg my mom to buy me a plane ticket for a week later. My cousin shanae and I were like best friends and I just wanted to live there so we could have fun all the time. Anyway, hopefully we can see them again soon!

We had a random family reunion in Twin Falls. I didn't know 75% of the people that were there but it was still fun I guess. This is just the portion of my grandma and grandpa's family that was there.
Sometimes I make people, like my cousin Skyler, hold Ruby for a picture. I know they will appreciate the memories some day.

Here is my mom and my favorite auntie Lori!
I am pretyy bugged right now cause both of these pictures randomly flipped but it is just too late and I am just too tired to try and figure out how to make them right. Anyway, I don't usually purchase a poncho, but the people coming off the ride were looking a little too wet for my taste.
My point exactly.
One of my favorite things about their visit was playing the rhyme game with my cousins Shanae and Skyler while we were waiting in line for rides at Lagoon. We would just start rhyming words and whoever couldn't come up with one lost. Shanae went to great lengths to try to win and it provided for a few great laughs. Here are some examples:
1. Rhyming words like pole, stole, knoll, etc. Shanae exclaims enstole! We politely ask her to us it in a sentence and she replies, "Like they enstole information into my brain." We say, "Do you mean instill?" And she replies, "Well it's like the past tense of intstill." Good to know!
2. Rhyming words like lull, bull, skull, etc. Shanae says shull. We as her to use it in a sentence and she says, "I want to wrap my warm shull around me."
3. Rhyming words like cone, bone, loan, etc. Shanae says pone. When we ask her to use it in a sentence she says in a very matter of fact tone, "It's like pone!" Like we would just accept that as the sentence! I later learned that pone is really a word. It has something to do with corn. But Shanae had no idea what she was talking about. Thanks for the laughs Nater!

1 comment:

Hollie said...

Yeah when you told me that story it gave me a good chcukle even though I have never meant your cousin. But I think by this story, that we are meant to be great friends because I loved her! I have a lot of respect for at least trying to use those fantastic words!