Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Grandpa Gunter's big bash!

On Monday we celebrated my Grandpa Gunter's 80th birthday with a surprise party at their house. The big surprise wasn't as exciting as I had hoped because my dear grandma put 5:00 on all the invitations, but told my uncle to have him back to the house at 4:30 so he could get washed up. So there wasn't really anyone there when he walked in the door and he was just confused by the random decorations. Ha ha! But eventually he caught on and the party was great! He is quite the popular guy cause he had a great turn out! My grandpa is the cutest man ever and such a good example to our family. I think that he forgets that he is 80 because he tries to do so much! Like he can't see or hear but he continues to drive. Scary? Pretty much. He is always looking for opportunities to help people. I love him very much! Happy birthday Grandpa!
This is when he first walked in with the few people who were there.
My cousin Kent and his son Spencer.
Both of my adorable grandpas.

Me, my cousin Ally, and my cousin Carly. Oh, and Ruby! She was a naughty girl at the party. She chased my little cousin around and made him cry and everyone stopped talking and watched me chase her around the tree. It was a pretty embarrassing mom moment.


My father and his cousin Joni.
My aunt Peggy and uncle Earl. I was hoping some good dance music would come on cause my uncle Earl really owns the dance floor.
Me and my cousin Mackenzie.

3 comments:

Hollie said...

Looks like you had a great Birthday Bash for your cute little Grandpa! Probably my favorite story~Ruby chasing children! Favorite picture~ Both of your Grandpa's! Oh how delightful!

Aubrie said...

Oh I love love love the picture with both our grandpas!! I am so sad I didn't go! like really I want to cry right now. Everyone was there and it looks so fun! darn it!

HD said...

You didn't tell me about Ruby chasing the child! Ha! That same thing happened to me when I was babysitting her one time and she chased a neighbor boy all down the street, probably emotionally scarring him for life. Probaby have to say the grandpa pic is my favorite too because I love them both so much!